Final RAstaNEWS Conference28-01-2016
On January 28th, 2016, ISPI hosted the Final RAstaNEWS Conference.
The Conference “Rebalancing the Eurozone: Towards a New Economic Future” was kicked off by a welcome address by Giancarlo Aragona (President, ISPI) and Marianne Paasi (DG Research and Innovation, European Commission). Patrizio Tirelli (University of Milan-Bicocca), coordinator of the RAstaNEWS consortium, introduced the main topics of discussion, while Mr Ferdinando Giugliano (La Repubblica) moderated the ensuing discussion.
The Conference served to discuss the policy recommendations developed by the RAstaNEWS network, and collected as an overall reform proposal of the Eurozone economic governance in the RAstaNEWS Green Book.
A total of 243 participants, including journalists, experts, and young students, took part in the Conference.
Distinguished speakers included:
- Marco Buti, Director-General, DG ECFIN, European Commission;
- Roberto Gualtieri, MEP and Chair, ECON Committee, European Parliament;
- Joanne Kellermann, Director of Resolution Planning and Decisions, Single Resolution Board;
- Romano Prodi, Former President of the EU Commission and Italian Prime Minister;
- Patrizio Tirelli, Professor and Project Coordinator, RAstaNEWS;
- Rolf Strauch, Member of the Management Board, European Stability Mechanism.
You can watch a video of the Conference here.